...not just for Canadians!
CANADA DAY 2015
The Biggest in Australian History!
|~CANADA D'EH - TAKE-OFF TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH~|
|When||Saturday, 27 June, 4:00pm til 4:00am|
|Where||Hard Rock Cafe Sydney & Cohibar, Level 2, Harbourside Centre, Darling Harbour|
|What||Canadian DJ's & SOUL OF SYDNEY DJ's Spinning Soulful House*feel-good funk*Old-School Party Jams*Garage Disco*Dancy R&B & awesome Canadian tunes
Fireworks, Prizes, Raffles, Real Caesars, Real Poutine, Real Perogies, Kokanee & Moosehead & Molson & Boutique Canuck beers, Canadian food,Our Famous Trivia Comp (5pm start), Dinner & drink specials, lots o' fun & games and more!
|Cover||Before 6:00pm: Free entry for everyone
After 6:00pm: $10 if you're dressed Canadian ($20 otherwise)
|RSVPs||There's no guest list so RSVPs aren't required but always appreciated. Hard Rock may take bookings for groups if they arrive before 6pm.|
|Join||Join the Event on Facebook|
|Note||Absolutely everyone welcome so don't just bring your Canadian friends!|
|Entry||Enter via Hard Rock Cafe ground level. Both Cohibar & Hard Rock are connecting into one super venue throughout the night and you'll be able to walk between the two carrying beer bottles or plastic cups (but not cocktail cups or plates)|
This is a whole new level of Canada Day! Two huge, iconic venues right on Darling Harbour with two different areas doing fun things all night. DJ's in two different areas, Fireworks, REAL Caesars, REAL Poutine, REAL Perogies, pancakes, cocktail specials, Canadian music, prizes, giveaways, our famous trivia (5pm start) & even Canadian beers (including the glacial Kokane, the famous Moosehead - Moose is Loose!- lots of boutique Canadian brews and we'll be the first in the country to have a bit of Molson Canadiana), plus the usual Candian Club Whiskey crew's fun & games. Show your Canadian and/or French Canadian colours (hockey jerseys welcome) with prizes for best dressed. Sounds awesome eh? But wait, there’s more…
Thanks to our awesome sponsors we’ve got a night full of charity raffles, free door prizes, giveaways, our famous trivia comp and fun and games. Over $15,000 in prizes & giveaways.
There's so much happening, the simplest thing to do is just show up early an party all night. But for those who want the details...
Here's the plan...
4:00pm - 8:30pm: Fun & Games! $25 Dinner Specials - $25 gets you a full “Canadian” meal (lots of options including some vege choices) AND your choice of a Canadian beer, glass of wine or softdrink. And there's plenty of other Canadian snacks, drinks & entertainment for those who don't want dinner. Kids are also welcome during this time as long as they're accompanied by a parent. There'll be dinner specials for children and possibily even a "junior hockey shoot-out". However, things will get a bit racy after 7pm …
5:00pm - 6:30pm: Trivia Comp - a few rounds of our famous team trivia from 5pm-6:30pm with over $1,000 of prizes, giveaways and other fun challenges for everyone! For those who aren't into trivia, Cohibar will be having a few fun & games of its own as well as some of Sydney's best DJ's starting from 6pm.
6:00pm until really, really late - Soul of Sydney DJ's are taking over Cohibar and spinning some old-school jams, dancy R&B and feel-good funk
8:30pm: special Canada Day FIREWORKS - best views are from Cohibar's huge verandah but plenty of good viewing at Hard Rock as well.
7:30pm - 10:30pm: heaps of giveaways, plus our friends at Canadian Club Whisky will be running some fun & games at both venues.
9:00pm & 11:00pm: Charity Raffles & Free Door Prize Draws. As usual, proceeds from the charity raffle are going to support local community projects of United Way. Raffle tickets will be available on the night at Hard Rock Cafe near the stairs where you come up.
7:30pm til late, late, late: LIVE DJ's in Hard Rock & Cohibar
Hard Rock: ALL-CANADIAN DJ's spinning some classic, modern and very dancy Canadian tunes then Soul of Sydney shifs into some Soulful House, Garage Disco and Seriously Get-Down Funky Beats
Cohibar (6pm start): Soul of Sydney DJ's spinning some old-school jams, dancy R&B and feel-good funk.
Late, late, late: Cohibar has a 24 hour license, so let's see how late we can keep them open!
Cohibar & Hard Rock Cafe Sydney (Level 2, Harbouside Centre, Darling Harbour). They've trucked in extra bars and extra bar staff as they know how Canadians party. And they've been practising and practising making Caesars.
Volunteers have more fun!
We're looking for a few hip, young, cool volunteers on the night for an hour or so. Email if interested.
How can all this happen in one night?
Thanks to our amazing sponsors! These sponsors don't ask for much and genuinely want to show their support and thanks to the Canadian community so they deserve some mention and our support in return:
Canadian Club Whisky
Bonza Bike Tours
Jazz City BBQ
Sydney Sirens Ice Hockey
O Canada - one stop Canuck Shop!
Canadian Tourism Commission
Destination British Columbia
Sydney Bears Ice Hockey
Hard Rock Cafe Sydney
Check out the Facebook Event Page.
Please note that any of the above details can change so please check back.
Spread the word! See you on June 27th!
1. Are there vegetarian dinner options in the $25 dinner/drink deal? Yes.
2. What if we don’t want the dinner special? Then just come and party! Plus there’s heaps of other Canadian snacks from REAL poutine to perogies to pancakes.
3. Are there really Caesar’s? Yes but don’t expect them to last all night.We managed to import well over 300 litres of Clamato Juice! Sounds like a lot but not when there’s thousands of people!!! ALL Caesar's will be made to the traditional Canadian recipe and all bartenders have already been educated and trained in the art.
4. What’s Kokanee Beer? It's glacier fresh and the number 1 selling beer in British Columbia.
5. What's St Ambroise? It's one of the coolest microbreweries in Quebec with crazy, yummy, brews.
6. Remember, Trivia starts at 5pm. There will be a bonus trivia question on the night and only those who read this will know that the answer is "Add Sydney Canadians as a friend of Facebook".
7. Can we reserve tables for the dinner specialsl? Yes, limited seats that can be booked plus plenty of other seating that's first come-first serve and we're adding more "standing tables" this year during the early parts so everyone can get into the amazing Canadian food. There's hundreds of seats but it's looking like a busy night so get in early to avoid disappointment. Call Hard Rock on 9280 0077 and mention Canada Day as they normally don't take bookings!
8. Is there a door list? Nope. Just show up. It gets busy so the earlier you show up the better to avoid any line-ups (oops I mean queues). It's a huge space with room to expand into adjoining venues if required.
9. Tips for avoiding the cover charge: show up before 6:00pm. If you can't make it early, make sure you dress "Canadian"! Putting on a red shirt isn't enough but a red shirt & white pants for example should work. Canadian University stuff is also acceptable but again, just showing up with a t-shirt won't convince the bouncers.
10. Is the food really gonna taste like it does in Canada? We've got a Canadian (actually 1/2 Canadian) chef and we spend a lot of time getting things as close as we can. Last year we had amazingly authentic perogies, poutine, beaver-tails, Caesars, fatboy burgers, honey-dill chicken fingers and lots of other goodies. We got a huge amount of compliments on the food last year and we're doing even more this year!
DETAILS COMING SON